The Advocacy Programs Department is here for you, whether you are interested scam prevention, want to complete Advanced Directives, have questions concerning Medicare, need someone to assist in organizing personal business documents, or need to know resources for caring for an elderly loved one.
These services are available through our Advocacy Programs Department:
- Casework Services help seniors and their families/caregivers access community resources that will enable them to remain independent in safe and familiar surroundings. Individual client assessment plans are developed and are reviewed as needed to ensure needs are met.
- Managing Business Affairs That Are Personal (MAP) offers assistance with financial management for day-to-day personal business affairs. Staff members guide seniors to manage their income and expenses through counseling and assistance with check writing and bill paying. All matters are handled accurately and confidentially.
- Senior Health Insurance and Education (SHINE) provides counseling service for seniors and their families/caregivers who have concerns regarding Medicare, Medicaid, Long-Term Care insurance coverage, and other health insurance questions or issues.
- Caregiving Respite, Referral, and Information Services (CRRIS) provides information to caregivers on available resources, including programs, services, equipment, and supplies that will make their duties manageable, reduce stress, and enable caregivers to spend more quality time with their loved ones.
- The Center for Prevention of Elder Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation promotes awareness of the often hidden tragedies of abuse, neglect, and exploitation through direct services, counseling, community education, and collaboration with volunteers, families, caregivers, law enforcement professionals, health care providers, and the general public. We promote a change in societal attitudes toward the aged or disabled adult by emphasizing self-esteem, self-advocacy, and self-responsibility through awareness.